Promoting gender equality within the business environment in Baja

By Manolo Pasero 


July 1, 2024

Obdulia Rodríguez, president of Arhitac, emphasized the urgent need for gender equality in the business environment, noting that 97% of executive and managerial positions are held by men, leaving only 3% for women.

The president of the Tijuana Industry Human Resources Association (Arhitac), Obdulia Rodríguez, emphasized the urgent need to promote gender equality within the business environment. In a recent statement, Rodríguez highlighted the alarming discrepancy that persists in the distribution of executive and managerial roles. She noted that 97% of these positions are occupied by men, leaving only a modest three percent for women.

Rodríguez emphasized that this disparity not only reflects obvious inequity, but also underscores the importance of adopting policies and practices that foster truly equal inclusion at all organizational levels. She argued that women possess talent and skills critical to business success and that gender diversity in leadership positions is not only an ethical imperative, but also a smart strategy to boost innovation and competitiveness.

In this sense, Arhitac committed to actively working with companies and institutions to implement professional development programs that support and promote the advancement of women in the industry. Rodríguez concluded by highlighting that only through a genuine commitment to equal opportunities and a cultural shift towards inclusion can significant progress be made towards a more equitable and fair society and labor market for all.


You might be interested in this too:
What is Mex-Shoring?

Mexico must face the challenges affecting the startup sector

Celebrating a Century of Flavor: The Economic Impact of the César Salad Centennial in Tijuana

Biden’s change to immigration policy

CONTACT

Contact us for a Consultation

Get in touch with us and together we will find an effective solution to your needs.


Our Experience is your Success

BOOK A CONSULTATION

CONTACT US

VISIT US AT OUR OFFICE.

Pasero Abogados provide an effective solution to your needs.

Tijuana B.C., Mexico

Blvd. Agua Caliente 4558-403

pasero@paseroabogados.com

(+52) 664 686 5557


ADDRESS
Blvd. Agua Caliente No. 4558-403
Col. Aviacion C.P. 22420

Tijuana, B.C. Mexico.

PO Box 767 Bonita

OfFicEs

Monterrey, N.L.

Mexico City

Queretaro, QRO.

San Jose del Cabo, BCS.

CONTACT

MEX Tel. +52 664 686 5557

MEX FAX +52 664 686 5558

Pasero Abogados, S.C., is a full service Mexican law firm that provides a wide range of international transactional and litigation legal services.